The Birth of Hot Sex & Tea!

We would like to commemorate this auspicious occasion by letting you know how we nonchalantly came up with the name hotsexandtea for our blog!

We must admit, we’re pretty pompous and proud parents right about now. This is our baby- who needs one of those traditional ones that takes 9 months to develop. We conceived and popped hotsexandtea out in the span of hours.

Matt is a graphic designer and I work for an engineering company, along with teaching a course for high school students in Dallas. If this wasn’t enough, we both wait tables Saturday nights at a Parisian Restaurant. I love to teach and Matt loves to create, however, we both are unhappy at our full time positions. We are grateful, but yearn to further express our creativity. Plus, nothing beats being able to come into “the office” wearing nothing but undies.

You know when you are on the search for a particular item and you go to hundreds of stores for this one item? You know exactly what you want, and can swear you’ve even seen it at some stores due to the clarity of the image in your mind… But now that you are on the search for it- you of course cannot find it anywhere. Well, that was me with this blog. I am an Aries, if that is any consolation and a bit of a zodiac buff, and I ate, slept, and obsessed over the thought of having the “perfect” name for our blog. I wanted the perfect proportions of witty, simple, avant-garde, and yet something very much us. We ended up going with a name I had created for a previous blog I started a while back- livingindisillusion. The title was “Reality is an illusion created by a lack of sangria,” and can I say that I make a mean sangria. My friends will second that.

As the cosmos would have it- nothing comes when when your scavenging for it. When you least expect it, it then comes knocking on your doorstep:
“friend: thinking about the future is whats causeing my body all this distress! i need to start drinking some camomile tea
me: hahah you gays you. you always think hot tea is the answer to everything. if not sex, then hot tea!
me: PS: that would be a good tag line for the blog haha. “If not sex, then hot tea!”
friend: why not both? some hot sex and then some good tea
me: because it doesn’t flow haha. first sex then hot tea, sex and hot tea perhaps?
friend: lol what happned to living in disillusion??
me: I am trying to get out of the disillusion
friend: hotsexandtea
me: I like it!”
And that my friends is how hotsexandtea was conceived. There you have it.

Tchin Tchin,
Matt & Anisha

0 comments:

Post a Comment